Often, people may encounter difficulty in search of ways to maintain a youthful skin. Some may be struggling with aging skin while others may be trying to fight acne out of their way. Natural DIY face mask for acne must be a good solution to survive. Sometimes their efforts could be futile as they may be using the wrong products that could possibly worsen the situation rather than rectify it. This ought not to be the case as there are many natural remedies that could help rather than going after chemically processed remedies.
These naturally made DIY face masks will only demand a few items from your kitchen and are thus convenient once you have a stock of groceries in your house. Often, they help to clear up the acne prone skin and also help to keep them away for good. In this article, you have been provided with the necessary information on these natural face masks including the accurate proportions you have to mix among other essential information. Some of the DIY face mask for acne includes;
All the best DIY face mask for acne
A mixture of whole milk, oatmeal, and honey face mask
Majority of over the counter acne treatments contain unfriendly ingredients that could harm one’s skin rather than rectify it. To avoid this, it is advisable that one goes for all-natural products such as honey instead. Honey is known to be a natural nourishing agent that is capable of aiding in the retaining of skin moisture thus preventing our bodies from producing excess oils that may bring about acne formation.
On the other hand, oats are also beneficial and they help to keep the facial skin smooth and healthy. Lactic acid in whole milk aids in tightening the facial skin. A combination of the three will, therefore, be a super helpful DIY face mask for beating acne.
- Whole milk
- Dried oats
- Organic honey
Face mask recipe
- Put three tablespoons of the dried oats into a blender.
- Add one tablespoon of whole milk and mix till a paste is formed.
- Mix a tablespoon of organic honey with the paste.
- To do away with makeup and ensure that the facial and neck pores are open, clean your face and neck using warm water and an oil-free cleanser.
- Extract the mixture from the blender and apply evenly.
- Allow it to sit for fifteen minutes and wash off with warm water.
- Rinse your face with cold water to close pores and dry your face.
Green tea, honey, lemon and sugar DIY face mask for acne
Honey happens to be a very powerful natural antibiotic. On the other hand, lemon juice is responsible for drying of excess oil as it acts as an astringent. Sugar acts as a gentle exfoliant and unclogs pores as it gets rid of dead skin that may have built up. In addition, green tea powder has strong antioxidant properties. It also acts as an antimicrobial agent and also minimizes inflammation.
- Three teaspoonful sugar which ought to be preferably brown in color
- One tablespoon lemon juice
- One tablespoon of raw honey
- One tablespoon of green tea which is equivalent to one tea bag
- Mix the ingredients until you achieve a thick paste.
- Apply the paste all over the face while excluding the eyes, mouth as well as eyebrows area.
- Rub the paste throughout the face for about one to two minutes in the circular motion.
- Rinse off the paste using some warm water and ensure to engage a piece of cloth so as to add an exfoliating effect.
Oatmeal and coconut oil DIY face mask for acne
Coconut oil is known to contain antibacterial as well as antifungal properties and therefore proves to be helpful when it comes to fighting acne. Oatmeal, on the other hand, has a soothing effect and the ability to balance pH levels of the facial skin. A mixture of the two is, therefore, a perfect recipe for clearer skin.
- Warm water
- Coconut oil
Face mask recipe
- Measure three tablespoons of oatmeal and add it to a mixing bowl.
- Measure a quarter cup of the warm water and add it to the mixing bowl.
- Mix properly till you achieve a thick paste.
- Add one tablespoon of coconut oil to the paste and mix properly,
- Clean your face with some warm water as well as an oil-free cleanser.
- Smear the paste on your face and let it dry for about fifteen minutes.
- Massage your face in small circular movements for about a minute or so. The massage will help eliminate dead skin cells that would clog pores if they happen to be left behind.
- Rinse the mask with cool water.
- Dry your face with a clean towel or piece of cloth.
Turmeric, Raw Milk/Greek Yogurt, Honey
Greek yogurt has both acid and fat. The fat plays the role of moisturizing the skin while the acid has antibacterial properties. Turmeric has antioxidant as well as inflammatory effects. Despite the fact that turmeric is known to stain clothes, it never stains the face.
- Three teaspoonfuls of Greek yogurt
- One teaspoonful of turmeric
- One teaspoonful of raw honey
- Mix all the ingredients in their correct proportions
- Using a makeup brush or cotton balls, apply the paste so as your fingers remain unstained. (put paper towels around the sink the spills get caught)
- Remove the paste from your face using a wash clothe
- If it happens that a yellow tint remains, remove it using diluted apple cider vinegar mixed with water.
A mixture of vitamin E and avocado face mask
Often, vitamin E tends to be a very good booster of the immune system especially if taken orally. Therefore, it proves to be a good remedy for fighting acne in acne prone skin. Besides, if one opts to not take the vitamin E orally and rather apply it on their skin it will help do away with the ugly acne scars. This vitamin is commonly found in various forms. You could obtain it from eating green, leafy vegetables and also from some nuts such as almonds.
Also, readily extracted oil for topical application can also be purchased from various stores. This is what you ought to use in this particular case. In order for you to obtain optimum benefits from this kind of face mask, it is essential that you mix the vitamin E oil with avocado. This is because the combination of the two produces a strong anti-acne due for clearer skin. The simple procedure of coming up with this simple DIY face mask for acne are given below.
- Vitamin E
Face mask recipe
- Eliminate the pit and peel off the skin of half of an avocado.
- Place the peeled avocado on a mixing bowl and mash it properly.
- Add one tea spoonful of vitamin E topical oil.
- Ensure to mix the two ingredients thoroughly.
- Using warm water and an oil-free cleanser if you wish to proceed on to washing your faces as well as the neck so as to remove makeup and open pores.
- You can then apply the mask you have made and allow it to sit for about fifteen minutes.
- After the fifteen minutes have elapsed, remove the face mask using lukewarm water.
- Proceed on to splashing your face with cold water in order to close the now open pores.
- Finally, pat your skin dry with a clean towel gently.
A mixture of baking soda and coconut oil face mask
Baking soda stands out to be the most versatile cleansing agent you can purchase. You may use it to clean dishes, counters, teeth and most importantly your skin. Interesting, right? In addition, baking soda acts as a natural exfoliator that is just right for skin considered so sensitive. It helps maintain the balanced state of pH levels of the skin which is a very important factor in fighting acne.
- Coconut oil
- Baking soda
Face mask recipe
- In a bowl, put a tablespoon of coconut oil and one teaspoonful of baking soda. Mix the two.
- Properly stir the ingredients till it forms a smooth paste.
- If you find it necessary, add a pinch of baking soda and keep adding the amount till the paste becomes smooth and thick.
- Using an oil-free cleanser as well as water, wash your face and neck to do away with makeup and open pores up.
- Apply the face mask and allow it to dry for fifteen minutes.
- Proceed on to massaging your skin with small circular motions for about two minutes.
- Using warm water, rinse your face properly.
- Splash your face with cool water so that the previously opened up pores may close.
- Finally, pat your skin dry using a dry towel.
A concoction of tomato juice and Aloe Vera face mask
Are you seeking a way to simultaneously tone your skin? Fight breakouts? Minimize acne scarring? Look no more for Aloe Vera gel and tomato mask is the ultimate solution. It is not only effective but also easy to make.
Ingredients you will require to have
- Aloe Vera Gel
- Tomato juice
Face mask recipe
- In a mixing bowl, add two tablespoons of tomato juice.
- Put a tablespoon of Aloe Vera Gel
- Mix the two ingredients thoroughly.
- Proceed on to washing your face and neck using warm water and an oil-free cleanser so as to eliminate makeup and also open up facial pores.
- Apply the mask and allow it to sit for about fifteen minutes.
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water to remove the mask,
- Splash your facial skin with cool water to close the previously opened up pores
- Pat your skin dry with a super clean towel.
Papaya as well as egg white face mask
Papaya is loaded with lots of acne fighting minerals as well as vitamins that include vitamin A and C, papain, potassium as well as beta hydroxy acid. Usually, a mixture of papaya with egg white and honey help to heal acne, shrink pores as well as reduce redness of the face. What an interesting DIY face mask for acne!
- Egg white
Face mask recipe
- In a mixing bowl, add one whipped egg white.
- Mash half a cup of papaya and combine it with the egg white.
- To the mixture, add a teaspoon of honey and mix thoroughly
- Wash your face using warm water and an oil-free cleanser to open up pores and remove makeup from your face.
- Apply the mixture and allow it to sit fifteen minutes.
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water and engage a soft washcloth if you find it necessary.
- To close the pores, rinse your face using cold water.
A mixture of kefir and honey face mask
Does kefir sound like a new vocabulary to you? Worry not! It is a type of yogurt. What makes kefir important is that it contains bacteria that are about forty times more beneficial than what the regular yogurt contains. Sounds like good news, right? Due to the extra bacteria and lactic acid present in kefir, it is able to exfoliate, hydrate and soothe red as well as acne prone skin.
Besides, a combination of kefir with honey often yields an awesome mixture that will greatly assist if added to the beauty routine. This is because honey contains antifungal, antibacterial as well as antiviral properties that accelerate the healing process of acne prone skin.
- Plain kefir
Kefir and honey face mask recipe
- Add a quarter cup of kefir into a large mixing bowl
- Ad one teaspoon of honey
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly
- Clean your face using warm water and an oil-free cleanser to open up facial pores and do away with makeup.
- Smear an even layer of the mixture you have and allow it to sit for about fifteen minutes.
- Proceed on to cleaning your face using lukewarm water to do away with the mask.
- Rinse your face with clean cold water to ensure the pores close.
- Dry your face with a clean towel.
Tamanu Oil is another ingredients what helps for healing acne scars. You can try out it also.
In conclusion, I would like to strongly state that everyone deserves a healthy and a smooth skin. Following procedures of any of the above recipes will sure help one to maintain an acne free face. They are easy and simple DIY face mask for acne guidelines that could save you from trouble. It is all up to you!