Being a culinary explorer means you’ll try as many dishes as you can. But sometimes, it’s hard for food lovers to actually determine what dishes to try, especially if they’re travelers. Here we come with some foods that start with E. When you’re in a different country, you may not know what to eat, but if you plan ahead and have a list, you’ll definitely be able to achieve your culinary adventure.
A good way to organize this is by alphabetical order; you list every meal available for every letter and the country where it’s from, this way when you go there you just simply need to pick the dishes and enjoy! This time we’re going with foods that start with the letter “E”
Foods that start with E
Here are some of the best foods that start with E. Let’s see how many you have tried yet…….
- Eggs: we’ve all eaten them, but there’re some special recipes for this food that are not so common, let’s take a look at them.
- Eggs with hot sauce: you don’t even need to leave your house for this HOT dish, simply buy your preferred sauce and add it to your favorite eggs.
- Eggs Benedict: very popular in different countries (even though originated in New York), this recipe includes English toasts, poached eggs, crispy bacon, and Hollandaise sauce.
- Deviled eggs: a perfect eggs recipe to try if you’re in Italy, they’re hard eggs stuffed with all kinds of ingredients.
- Egg fried rice: with more than 4000 years of existence, this Chinese dish includes fried rice mixed with eggs and different types of meat.
- Egg roll: also very traditional from East Asia but with a dispute over the original country. This egg roll is fried until it gets crispy, filled with vegetables in some regions, and with fruits (as a dessert) in many others.
- Eggs foo young: coming from Chinese cuisine but adapted to American style, this dish is similar to French tortilla
- Eggplant: also can be eaten in many different ways but they’re not exactly related to a specific country. Among the options you can find:
- Eggplant dressings
- Eggplant parmesan
- Eggplant stuffed with Hoisin sauce
- Eggplant to the garlic
- Eggplant Lasagna
Recommended for you:
- Edam cheese: traditional from the Netherlands, it’s usually made in a ball shape and used to make stuffed cheese.
- Edamame: Japanese snack made out of young soy beans with salt.
- Elephant ear: French pastry usually fried and eaten with cinnamon
- Enchiladas: Mexican corn tortillas stuffed with several different preparations such chili, tomatoes, beans, meat, cheese, etc.
- Emerald chicken: traditional Thai recipe that mixes chicken with some green vegetables such as celery, broccoli, and green chilies.
- Empress chicken wings: the Thai version of chicken wings including soy sauce and ginger while marinating.
- English muffin: very common to England, U.S.A and Australia they’re breakfast round bread with corn flour on top.
- Eel: very common in Japanese, Korean and English cuisine, they can be eaten in many different ways such as fried, jellied, grilled, etc.
- Escargots: French entry dish that consists in boiled and seasoned earth snails.
- Empanada: traditional from all Latin America, it consists of dough filled with meat, cheese, or a combination of ingredients and fried or baked.
- Éclair: French sweet bun baked and stuffed with choux paste. There’re versions of this dessert in Venezuela, Argentina, and Catalunya.
We hope, you got some strong ideas about the foods that start with E. You could try out all of these one by one to enrich your food testing library reach.