We will talk about the nutritional properties of beans and we will give you a simple and quick way to prepare this rich recipe. Popeyes Red Beans and Rice recipe is a dish with a lot of flavors and high nutrient content
The beans grow in pod form and are high in protein. They have a variety of forms and preparations and have been the staple food of the original cultures of the entire American continent.
They are a source of fiber, vegetable protein, calcium, iron, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc and a variety of vitamins.
Studies show that consuming beans can help reduce the risk of caries diseases thanks to fiber because it helps lower cholesterol levels.
It has low glycemic content, so it is beneficial for diabetics. And they are rich in antioxidants.
They are a very good option to replace starch so it is also beneficial for people suffering from celiac disease.
And because of its high protein content, it is essential to help the body replenish muscle wasting. Muscle deficiency can produce very serious diseases.
The beans are even beneficial for our image because their antioxidants help to keep our skin healthy. And because of the zinc and iron they have, they help prevent hair loss.
For all this it is advisable to include beans in our daily diet. To cook them it is best to do it in a pressure cooker. If the cooking time is shorter, more nutrients can be preserved.
Let’s try this tasty delicious recipe with beans, Popeyes Red Beans and Rice.
Recommended for you:
In the south of the United States, it is a very popular recipe, especially in Texas. In this recipe, we will use Popeye products. Popeye is famous for its rice and for its red beans.
Currently, they do not include meat and are perfect for vegetarians. If you like, you can use a little bit of liquid smoke. Smoked ham hocks will give it to rich flavor. But if you do not want to use it, just omit that and use the liquid smoke of your choice.
This recipe may vary depending on the restaurant that prepares it but is meat-free. The liquid smoke is usually used to increase its flavor but it is dispensable. It is an excellent option for a side dish or as a main dish.
Popeyes red beans and rice recipe
The Popeyes Red Beans and Rice recipe offers a contribution of carbohydrates and nutrients, it is very simple to prepare and very tasty. Look for the ingredients and let’s do it!
- 3 cans red beans
- 1 smoked ham hock (1/2 to 3/4 pound)
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons lard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups long grain rice, cooked for serving
Form of preparation.
- Place the two cans of beans in a saucepan to mix, add the ham hock and a little water.
- Cook over low heat for one hour, until the meat is released from the bone.
- Remove the heat and let cool.
- When it can be manipulated, remove the meat from the bone.
- Place the meat, the liquid in the pot and the beans in a food processor.
- Add the dressings of the onion powder, the garlic salt, the red pepper, the salt and the lard.
- Process only for a few seconds so that the beans are chopped but with thick liquid.
- Drain the remaining can of beans and add it to the food processor and process for just two seconds, these beans should be almost whole.
- Then place that mixture in a pan and simmer, stirring frequently but gently.
- Serve over the rice.
- And you enjoy your Popeyes red beans and rice recipe.